Are you planning a trip with Virgin Atlantic, and chances are that you’ll be flying from Heathrow airport? Do you wish to ask: Which terminal does Virgin Atlantic fly from at Heathrow?
Where to queue at the airport when planning to take your flight can sometimes be confusing, especially in airports with many terminals. Heathrow Airport in London is one of the busiest airports in Europe and home to four Virgin Atlantic terminals.
In this article, we will be guiding you on the issue of which terminal Virgin Atlantic flies from at Heathrow. This will help you know what you need to know about the Virgin Atlantic terminal at Heathrow and finding your departure gate.
Which Terminal Does Virgin Atlantic Fly From At Heathrow? Terminal 2
Terminal 2 is known officially as the Queen’s Terminal. There, you will find a Virgin Atlantic check-in desk. It is also shared by other airlines, so it is possible you will see desks of airlines like Delta Air, Singapore Airlines, and Aer Lingus. Once you are done checking in, you have to proceed through security and finally to the departure gate.
Which Terminal Does Virgin Atlantic Fly From At Heathrow? Terminal 3
This is the largest terminal at Heathrow Airport and where you will likely find most Virgin Atlantic flights. Other airlines, like KLM, Air France, and Air Canada, also share the same terminal.
Once you are done checking in, go through security, and then proceed through to the departure gate. You can easily locate the departure gate on the top floor of the terminal. You can ask Virgin Atlantic staff questions if you have to, and they will guide you.
Which Terminal Does Virgin Atlantic Fly From At Heathrow? Terminal 4
This is another terminal where you can find Virgin Atlantic airline check-in desks. Qatar Airlines and Etihad Airways also share the same terminal. When you are done with check-out, you should proceed through security and, hence, find your departure gate. To locate the departure gate from the terminal, just proceed to the terminal’s top floor.
Which Terminal Does Virgin Atlantic Fly From At Heathrow? Terminal 5
Terminal 5 is still a newly added terminal at Heathrow Airport, and Virgin Atlantic has a check-in desk there as well for most of their flights. Unlike the others, which are shared with more than two airlines, the terminal is shared by only Delta Airlines and Virgin Atlantic.
Since it’s still new, it’s the most luxurious and modern terminal in Heathrow. You will find plenty of nice shops and restaurants. Immediately after you are done checking in at the terminal, go through security and locate the departure gate, which you will find on the top floor.
How to Find Your Departure Gate
Finding the departure gate after checking in at the terminals is where many people get stuck. Heathrow Airport is a very big airport, and if you are not careful, you can get lost and miss your way. Well, it’s actually not that hard to locate. Here is what to do:
After checking in at the departure board for your flight number, it should tell you which of the departure gates your flight will take off from.
To make things easier, it’s best you ask the staff at the terminal; it’s even part of their job to direct you. They should be able to direct you by pointing or even showing you a map that will direct you.
Things to Note About Flying With Virgin Atlantic Airlines Through Heathrow
- Check the flight information details on the app or website before even going to the airport. This will help you with the flight number and time for departure.
- Try to check the luggage allowance before you leave to know the particular price for each size and to avoid unexpected extra costs.
- Once you arrive at the airport, go straight to the terminal for check-in and security.
- It is important that you arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before the departure time so as to have enough time in case of unanticipated delays.
- Keep in mind that it is mandatory that you remove belts, shoes, and any electronics from your luggage before going through the security scanner.
- Once you’ve been cleared by security, the next step is to locate your departure gate.
- If you are traveling with small children, note that it is important that you inform the airline beforehand so they can make the necessary provisions for that.
- Also, for disabled individuals, Virgin Atlantic Airlines makes provisions for things like wheelchairs, special seats, and onboarding from the plane. If you are one, it is vital that you inform them prior to the departure date so they can make the necessary arrangements.
Flying Virgin Atlantic through Heathrow Airport can really be a smooth ride if you follow the right steps and plan ahead. Know the Virgin Atlantic terminals at Heathrow, your flight number, and the departure gate.
Also, take note of other things to note before your departure date so you can make the necessary arrangements and avoid any manner of delays at the airport. We believe this answers your question about which terminal Virgin Atlantic flies from at Heathrow Airport.